Pages

Sunday, June 14, 2009

Hill Air Force Base

Recently we had the privilege to have my cousin Nate (who's an Air Force Pilot) take us to the Air Show on their practice day to avoid all the crowds.  It was so much fun to see!

First we stopped at the cool museum.  The kids loved trying to find all the missiles!

Sadie, Austin, Luke, Scotty and Cole 

Cole wants to be just like his Dad and wear a hat with sunglasses.



Here is Cole demonstrating the airplanes.  As the planes would fly above us, they would pass each other so closely that it would look like they were going to crash!

A photo taken by my Dad that was supposed to capture the giant plane behind us.  I guess I just have too many expectations when I pass the camera.  Even if I have it set to just point and shoot.

Thanks Nate for taking the time to give us the VIP treatment!  So fun!

4 comments:

Bre said...

Okay Amy... you've GOT to tell me what camera you have!! Those pictures look SO GOOD!

-Bre (& Gary)

Vanessa Shannon said...

Hey Amy...great post. I have a special place in my heart for Air Force pilots...and airmen in general ha ha!! I just got finished watching a Clint Eastwood movie and I swear that pic of your dad on this post looks like Clint Eastwood....does he ever get that?

Mary Hubbard said...

What kind of camera do you have? What lens do you use? Your pictures always look soooo good!

Amy @ OurScoop said...

Wow! Thanks for the love! I'm so flattered! My camera is a Cannon Rebel XTI. I got it at Costco. I used a f/1.8 50mm lens. Aka the "kid" lens.

I'm still trying to figure all this photography thing. But I took a FABULOUS class from Nicole Hill Gerulat and learned lots! I want to take another. And a photoshop class too. I could have made all the skies in these photos blue.

I think the main reason these photos turned out well was because it was VERY cloudy. But bright cloudy. It even rained a bit. So the lighting was PERFECT!

And I try to NOT use flash at any chance I can get.

Anyway, Check out Nicole's blog for great info on cameras, lens, and classes...

http://nicolehill.blogspot.com/2009/06/lets-talk.html

Related Posts with Thumbnails